I'm a 21 year old Melbournian, I work in a boutique brewery that's open to the public with the idea of choosing one of our numerous beers and brewing it yourself, Right down to the bottling. After a number of months of slowly learning the different characteristics of beers and their distinctive differences, I've decided to start at number 1 and work my way through the 'local tap-house's 100 hottest craft beers of 2010' with the hope that by the end of it I'll be able to tell the difference between an Indian pale ale and a Pilsner with 25grams of extra Saaz hops.

Tuesday, May 24, 2011


NUMBER 2
LITTLE CREATURES PALE ALE


 Aaah the little creatures pale ale. luckily I'm from Melbourne so I've had the pleasure of trying this little treasure before. I can still remember the first time i tried this. on my 18th birthday i was shown a number of bars around melbourne and one sch place was the little creatures beer hall on Brunswick street in Fitzroy.


This is one beer that you won't easily forget, but now for my very amateur take on it.

so first of all, the colour is amazing, and the use of pale malts is to thank for it. a light or as the name suggests, pale colour. The main hop used unless im mistaken is the cascade variety and has a very distinct aroma about it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment